Saturday, January 17, 2015

A Letter To Simoa

Dear Simoa,
   
Where do I begin? You are such a beautiful and talented young lady; and no matter how contrite those words may sound when overused, I mean them truly and deeply. It never ceases to surprise me that your eyes and soul burn for Audrey Hepburn. You are more than kindred spirits. You seem to beat with the same heart as she. But only to compare you to a wonderful woman of yesteryear would be remiss, because you are so much more than that on your own.

You are a gloriously unique and bright queen sent by heaven to grace us with your presence. It is a presence so wordlessly brilliant that it is as if you were breathed to life by some starry incantation. You are as sweet as a deer and as fierce as a velociraptor. I am ever in awe of this combination and how excellently you pull it off as I continue to stumble along like an ant carrying more weight than she knows how. You inspire me. You rock me to my core when I need it most.

But this isn't about me, it's about you. And you are bound for greatness. I can taste it. Every time you post a selfie or use your wordsmithing, I just sense it. Don't ever stop quoting Treasure Planet, dear. Because you really will rattle the stars. I believe it every bit as strong as Silver did for Jim. Like a solar flare so bright that others will have no choice but to catch some of the light as well.

This letter may be strong on flowery speech and littered with borrowed sentiments, but I hope they pierce your heart just a little so that I can always have a place in it. I am so happy to have met you even if I have yet to physically stand in your presence. You will always be the Ellie this Atta desperately needs.

I hope that this very special birthday and coming year finds you with all of the carefree Joy that Princess Ann exudes. I hope your troubles are few and your heart never more weary than you can bear. I hope that you have all that you need, all that you desire, and then a little more for good measure. Most of all, I hope you allow God to guide you as you continue to grow into the woman He created you to be.

I love you my deer friend!
                                                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. I'm just on your blog maybe because I miss it so much?? but wow, this still rocks me to my core eight months later. I love you so much Jamie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww :3

    It means a lot that this still touches you because I meant every word then and mean every word now. You are amazing and I love you ♥

    ReplyDelete